As the title says, and as I promised in my podcast, I would share with you some of my favorite kale recipes. Now I know so many of you get queasy at the thought of kale anything, but i promise you it is so worth it.
Baked Kale Chips
1 bunch of Kale
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2 cups packed torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a food processor, combine the kale leaves, basil leaves, and salt. Pulse 10 to 12 times, until the kale leaves are finely chopped. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Scrape down the sides of the processor. Add the walnuts and garlic and process again, then add the cheese and pulse to combine. Toss with your favorite pasta and serve immediately.
1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
1 banana (frozen)
½ cup blueberries (frozen)
1 tsp ginger (grated)
2 cups kale (chopped, loosely packed)
⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
Raw honey (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- If needed, add more honey and blend again.
- Consider adding more almond milk if needed to achieve the correct consistency.